Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Weekend



I'm a master of creating comfortable, non-productive, study spaces:



Too hot, but oh so irresistable.



Fell asleep.


Notice the MS word page is blank?
But really, I was just too delighted by biscuits and coffee to focus.


So I decided it's time to learn how to cook:


Fourth of July cake! An annual tradition; I initially resisted because it's still June, but mom insisted that the holiday is soon enough.


We had some cute guests this afternoon:

We watched Youtube clips of baby animals. "Baby pips" were the favorite.


This is Emily. She loves cake, and I love her - even if she grabs my armpit sometimes.




This is Hannah. She doesn't always look like this, but I kind of like her best this way. We had a very nourishing heart-to-heart tonight. I'm so incredibly blessed.






In other non-pictoral news:
-Amanda and Brian, our former youth pastors, and adopted family members, are visiting. It's so great to have them here.
- I love having a camera on my phone.
- I think God was pretty smart inventing the concept of a sabbath. I'm hoping to take full advantage of a lax summer schedule and to allot time to focus on some spiritual discipline and reflection. It's so incredibly difficult to simply be still.
- Claritin. Who invented it? I should name my firstborn after that person, because I wouldn't survive Tennessee summers without it.

3 comments:

Charis & Josh said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Kali come to Minnesota and cook with me please!!

Haha Claritin, what a dear little child.

I am glad to see you are taking full advantage of summer. :) This is perfect.

sadielou said...

i love that you're blogging! and i love that we talked today! you are wonderful. :)

Brent said...

2 things:

1. good book choice ;)

2. i see: tart, not tort. haha.

3. (more than 2 things), I, too, am glad you have a camera on your phone