Monday, June 21, 2010

dropping eaves; 6/21

I eavesdrop. A lot.
It might be rude, but I blame it on my love of people and story.

Today:

My phone sales rep. told me all about her fiance, their relationship, how much her family hates him, and how she would like to wait two more years before getting married, and he would like to have the wedding tomorrow.

The middle aged, male, barista at Books-A-Million's cafe told his coworker about his 14 year old son who wants to be a ventriloquist ever since a brain tumor has altered his development. He then, unprompted by his friend, launched in to a very tragic story about his son's condition, casually I might add, as if discussing lawn-care. People are strange. I was baffled.

1 comment:

Charis & Josh said...

Kali isn't it amazing what you learn about life when you keep your ears open? Just think, in a couple months from now you'll look back at this and remember those two people and their stories. And they'll never know.

Wow, that's kind of creepy. But so interesting. :)