Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My days are full of joy and underwear


Hello Dear Ones,

The last week or so has been full of all sorts of fun and adventure!
I took a trip to Nasvhille, to visit the beautiful Lynn Russell who is interning at a Christian Record label over the summer. What joy to see a Seattle friend in my home state! We bummed around downtown Franklin (a little town near Nashville) with Lynn's lovely intern friends, dressed up like cows for free chick-fil-a, listened to some live Johnny Cash covers, ate copious amounts of frozen yogurt, and laughed - a lot. I, unfortunately, got so caught up in the excitement that I forgot to take many pictures. . . . I intend to steal some from Lynn's friend, Marie, who took some with her camera. I have a few though:










We just can't escape the rain. . .


I love this girl.

New friends: Amanda and Marie. We delighted in some homey southern food. I love me some grits.


Then, Lynn came home with me and spent a couple days in Jackson! One of the days was spent getting her car fixed. We found ways to entertain ourselves at the dealership:





A couple days ago, Emily, Will, and I went to see their brother Andrew's dress rehearsal of "Lil' Abner"

We had to take Andrew some underwear (theatre kids, I tell you. . . you just never know what to expect!)


"Take a picture of me and Andrew's panties!" I'm sorry. I'll never grow up.



This is Andrew, he and I might be the most photogenic people I know.



HA. fave.


That's all I've got for now, folks!


Other happenings:
- Reading: Country of My Skull by Antjie Krog. A fantastic, but very difficult to stomach, account of Krog's experience as a reporter during the TRC hearings.
- Drinking: lots of sweet tea

Coming soon:

-Nashville pictures once I steal them from Marie
- Epic Wagner Family Road trip beginnings: we leave Monday for three weeks of lovin'









1 comment:

Charis & Josh said...

I first read "joy and wonder" but underwear works too. Kali your bangs are ador-able. I love 'em yes I do. Can't wait to hear about the road trip!